Gentendo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gentendo

A Forum For Both Sega and Nintendo Fans

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesSomeone stole things from me	     Genten20RegisterLog in
Welcome, Guest.
Not registered? Sign up and become a part of our community today!

Someone stole things from me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lunamoonfang

Registration date : 2010-12-03

Someone stole things from me	     Empty
PostSubject: Someone stole things from me    Someone stole things from me	     EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:03 am

A drunk phoned police to report that thieves had been in his car. "They've stolen the dashboard, the steering wheel, the brake pedal, the radio, and even the accelerator," he cried out.

However, before the police investigation could start, the phone rang a second time and the same voice came over the line. "Never mind," he said with a hiccup, "I got in the back seat by mistake."
wangrong

Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: The reorganised    Someone stole things from me	     EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 am

The reorganised branch held its first Scout Rally at the Murray Parade Ground at Garden Road (now Cheung Kong Center) on 1921-01-08. In September 1921, the Reverend George Turner Waldegrave succeeded Bowen, and the Scout Movement was firmly established in Hong Kong, though it was still small at 384 members.[10] In the same year, Hong Kong Scouting expanded to Wolf Cub Section.[11] Sea Scout training had been started in May 1921 with the assistance of the staff of HMS Tamar. Following its success, Waldegrave started the first Sea Scout Troop which he registered in October 1923. During his visit to Hong Kong on 1922-04-06, then-Prince of Wales, who became Edward VIII of the United Kingdom, presented his banner bearing his own coat of arms to the Hong Kong Scouts as trophy for the winner of a Colony-wide scout competition. The first Prince of Wales Banner Competition (威爾斯太子錦標賽) was held in Happy Valley on 1923-05-26. The banner stayed with the victorious troop for a year and the troop was honoured with the honorary title of Governor's Troop (督憲團).[9]

r4
Carpet Cleaning
Back to top Go down
wangrong

PostSubject: Early Scouters   Someone stole things from me	     EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:54 am

After 1937, China was at war with the Japanese army. There was a large influx of refugees pouring into Hong Kong. Troops of the Boy Scouts of China came to Hong Kong and have been incorporated into the Hong Kong Branch. Hong Kong Scouts were in the forefront of services and aids to war refugees.[14] During World War II, Scoutmasters and adult members performed civic duties in the Special Constabulary, Police and Volunteer Defence Corps.[15]
On 8 December 1941, Japanese forces crossed the Sham Chun River and the Battle of Hong Kong began.[16] The forces landed on Hong Kong Island on 1941-12-18 and incurred a heavy toll of death during the resistance at Wong Nai Chung Gap. Many Hong Kong Scouts died in the resistance activities. Although heavily resisted, the whole territory of Hong Kong came in Japanese hands on 25 December 1941. Under Japanese rule, all formal Scouting activities halted and many Scouts joined guerrilla units against the Japanese in the New Territories and adjacent prefectures in China. The Scouting headquarters was demolished during the war. Westerners were detained in a concentration camp in Stanley. In the concentration camp, Scouting activities were conducted in the shadow. Scout Ronald Whitfield even completed proficiency badges in this period and became a King's Scout when he was back in Scotland.[8]
After the war, Hong Kong was repossessed by British forces. For the reconstruction of Scouting, the Imperial Headquarters of The Boy Scouts Association in the United Kingdom dispatched a five member Scout International Relief Service Team to revive the Hong Kong Scout Movement. A post-war St. George's Day Parade was held on 28 April 1946 at the Botanical Garden with the participation of 672 scouts and leaders.[15] The salute was taken by the General Officer Commanding, Major General Francis Wogan Festing. In the early 1950s, Hong Kong Scouting was first divided into districts.[17]

r4
Carpet Cleaning
Back to top Go down
wangrong

PostSubject: The Reverend Nelson    Someone stole things from me	     EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:55 am

In 1967, in line with the name change of The Boy Scouts Association, the name The Boy Scouts Association, Hong Kong Branch was changed to The Scout Association, Hong Kong Branch.[18] In 1969, also sections were renamed, e.g., Wolf Cub to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts to Scouts (age changed to 11–16) and Senior Scouts to Venture Scouts (age changed to 16–20).[18]
A mixed unit of boys and girls Venture Scouts was set up in 1975. Formally from July 1978, girl members were accepted in the Venture Scout section, making the Hong Kong branch a co-educational organisation, much earlier than the Scout Association of the United Kingdom.
Commonwealth Commissioner Sir Marc Noble visited Hong Kong on 17 March 1975. He suggested to The Scout Association of the United Kingdom that the Hong Kong branch could stand on its own and should become a full member of the WOSM. Hong Kong was accepted by the world organisation as its 111th full member on 1977-04-26 with its name formally changed to The Scout Association of Hong Kong.[19]

r4
Carpet Cleaning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone stole things from me    Someone stole things from me	     Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone stole things from me
Page 1 of 1